March 26, 2019Received Order for Construction of Yoma Central Project in Myanmar
We received large-scale redevelopment construction order of automatic control service work for the Yoma Central Project (hereafter the Project) in central area of Yangon, capital of Myanmar, from a special purpose company (SPC) established by BYMA, a group company of Taisei Corporation and Bouygues S.A. (major construction company in France) in August 2018. This Project is construction of complex building that includes offices, condominiums, commercial facilities, and other facilities.
We have track record of construction of Sakura Tower and other projects in Yangon, Myanmar, but this Project is the first large-scale automatic control service work since we have opened an office in Myanmar.
We believe we were able to receive this order due to our numerous achievements since we first expanded to overseas in 1972, our technological capabilities, and our quality being comprehensively evaluated. This Project also required BIM solution which included construction, spatial adjustment with other facilities, and other factors, which our 3D-CAD technology and support system offered by the BIM Center, our BIM promotion organization, were also highly evaluated.
We will continue to contribute to the development of Myanmar utilizing our strength as a comprehensive engineering company.
- Client:Meeyahta Development Limited (Co-funded by Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd., First Myanmar Investment Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd., Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development, International Finance Corporation and Asian Development Bank)
- Name of Construction:Yoma Central Project
- Location:Central area of Yangon
- Period:August 2018 to August 2021 (our contract)
- Building Overview:Commercial facility, parking area
Condominium (one building)
Hotel/service apartment (one building)
Office (two buildings)
Completed image (low floor building at the foreground is not part of this Project)