Declaration of an Environmental Renaissance
Shinryo Corporation opened the Research and Development Center（currently Innovation Hub） in Tsukuba Academic Town in 1990 to realize an environmental ideal suitable for the next generation. This Hub is advancing research in not only the air conditioning but also a variety of other fields as a research institute proud to lead Japan in both equipment and scale with the mission to fully systematize environmental technologies.
A world that is confronting the global environmental issues of today does not demand simple roads to return to nature and earn praise. We need pathways that lead to harmony between humanity and the environment that surpasses efforts to keep the environmental load within the tolerance range while not stifling the dynamic livelihoods of mankind. Therefore, Shinryo Corporation is returning to our roots once again to reimagine the perfect future for both humanity and the environment.
The Innovation Hub will always pursue philosophy of “Researching Ideal Images of the Future, for Humans and the Environment” by advancing research and development from various angles.
Overview of the Innovation Hub
The Innovation Hub is the core of research and development at Shinryo Corporation. The Innovation Hub is located on a roughly 33,000 square meter lot in a northern Tsukuba industrial park at the northern end of Tsukuba Academic Town. The Hub is made up of secondary structures from the outdoor experiment site to five facilities that house the main research building, the new experiment laboratory, the large-scale experiment laboratory, the acoustic experiment laboratory, and an energy center.
The Hub also offers a gigantic space to conduct life-size experiments, a high-performance HPC server that is able to execute accurate simulations of real phenomena, and precise measurement devices that support state-of-the-art technology at a scale which is proud to lead the industry.
<Registration at Certification Authorities>
- June 2, 2008 Registered Measurement Certification Office (Concentration)
- September 1, 2008 Registered Odor Measurement Certification Office
- February 20, 2009 Registered Measurement Certification Office (Noise/Vibrations)
Features of the Innovation Hub
- The Hub engages in broad research and development in the environmental field with air conditioning technology at its base.
- Rapid response to the needs of customers, the market, and society by integrating sales, design, construction, and research.
- Verification with life-size experiment facilities.
- Forge avenues to new fields by driving state-of-the-art technology.
- Facilitate fundamental research and development with our leading-edge research facilities, equipment, and analysis devices.
- Improve development efficiency through industry-academic collaboration.
- Promote social contributions through the disclosure of technology that includes academic conference presentation.
High-performance HPC Server
Large-scale Experiment Space
Environment Simulation Room
New Experiment Laboratory
Main Research Building
- Multi-Purpose Experiment Laboratory
- In a space to conduct relatively small-size experiments, researchers can bring in and out equipment and devices easily with utilities for experiments hung from the ceilings as well as a service entrance and crane.
- Analysis Suite/Chemical Experiment Laboratory
- In a space to conduct chemical experiments and analyses, researchers have access to utilities for experiments and a supply system for specialty gas.
- Computer Suite
- In a space to conduct computation fluid dynamic simulations, researchers use a high-performance HPC server as their main calculation server.
- Conference Rooms and Other Facilities
Large-scale Experiment Laboratory
- Large-scale Experiment Space
- In a space to conduct experiments, equipment, prototyping, and trial runs of equipment that is life or large size, researchers can use a space with an effective height of ten meters with each utility installed on every single span.
- Airflow Laboratory
- In a space to visualize airflow and conduct experiments when developing large area air conditioning systems, researchers are surrounded by guard rooms at the top and bottom and they are able to accurately control the inner wall surface temperature.
- Environment Simulation Room
- In a space to conduct evaluations and experiments such as the influence of living environments and environmental elements on the human body, the environment simulation room has an outdoor air laboratory installed with solar simulators so that researchers can reproduce the outdoor air found throughout Japan.
Acoustic Experiment Laboratory
- Anechoic Chamber/Reverberation Chamber
- In a space to conduct analyses of noise in different types of devices and equipment, environmental noise, noise quality, and vibrations, the anechoic chamber offers 7.8 meters of effective cubic area while the reverberation chamber has a volume of 315 m3 (irregular hexahedron). Both of these rooms can carry out air conditioning.
Outdoor Experiment Site
- Outdoor Experiment Site
- In a space to conduct experiments that use the sunlight as well as experiments with a large thermal load, the site has installed several platforms with anchors to affix objects.
New Experiment Laboratory
- New Experiment Laboratory
- This is an open experiment space where equipment for life-size experiments can be laid out freely. Researchers are able to simultaneously conduct experiments in multiple fields from technological development related to energy saving and new energy as well as high-precision, high-function industrial environments to the technological development of comfortable living environments. Moreover, equipment and systems can be evaluated here in advance before construction begins. In this way, this Hub is able to provide results and processes in technological development at the Shinryo Corporation by providing the ability to see and experience life-size experiments.
Traveling by the Tsukuba Express
- Get off at the Tsukuba station, which is the last stop, and use a taxi. The estimated time to arrive at the Innovation Hub is approximately 20 minutes.
- Get off at the Tsukuba Station, which is the last stop, and use the Kanto-Railway Bus. Take the bus bound for the Tsukuba Techno Park Oho bus stop from Bus Terminal No. 5 and get off at the Hokubu Kogyo Danchi Chuo bus stop. The estimated time to arrival is approximately 30 minutes by bus. The Innovation Hub is roughly a ten-minute walk from the Hokubu Kogyo Danchi Chuo bus stop. (See the map of the northern industrial park for the location of the bus stop)
- Get off at the Kenkyu-gakuen Station and use the Tsuku-Bus (Sakuoka Shuttle). Get on at the Kenkyu-gakuen Station and get off at Hokubu Kogyo Danchi Chuo. The estimated time to arrival is approximately 45 minutes by bus. The Innovation Hub is roughly a ten-minute walk from the Hokubu Kogyo Danchi Chuo bus stop. (See the map of the northern industrial park for the location of the bus stop)
Traveling by Express Bus
Take the Express Bus to Tsukuba Center from the Tokyo Station Yaesu South Exit. Get off at Tsukuba Center, which is the last stop, and use a taxi. The estimated time to arrive at the Innovation Hub is approximately 20 minutes.
Traveling by JR Joban Line
Get off at the Arakawaoki Station or the Tsuchiura Station and use a taxi. The estimated time to arrive at the Innovation Hub is approximately 40 minutes.
Traveling by Car
Exit at the Joban Expressway Sakura-Tsuchiura I.C. Turn left to the Tsukuba Academic Town, turn right after two lights at the Sasagi intersection and take the Higashi-Odori.
Drive for 15 km north passed the Tsukuba University High Energy Accelerator Research Organization, and then turn left at the intersection to the Clean Center entrance. Drive for 2 km and turn into the northern industrial park. (See map below)